SUBLIME Round Dutch Oven / Stewpot , 4 qt. , Creme
Price Reduced From:
In common use, sublime is an adjective meaning "awe-inspiringly grand”, like the best chocolate fudge sundae you've ever had. The result of extensive research, ‘Sublime’ ceramic makes it possible to create and serve all kinds of recipes—with unparalleled ease of use. Sublime is made from a new ceramic technology designed to do all kinds of cooking and to do it better than other materials. You could feasibly own just one pot to make all your meals. What makes this technology so remarkable is its versatility. It can handle the high heat of searing, frying or barbecuing on the grill and also softly cook on low heat so that sugars in a caramel sauce or a custard are gently heated without burning or over cooking. The Sublime ceramic distributes heat smoothly across the whole pot better than any metal, including cast iron or stainless steel and it is 35% lighter than those other materials. Sublime can be used on direct flame, stovetop - gas, electric or glass, charcoal or gas BBQ grills, in the oven, microwave, and is dishwasher safe.
Benefits for using SUBLIME
- The Emile Henry Laboratory has created a revolutionary new ceramic technology – “Sublime” a Dutch oven that is equal to or superior to cast iron and enamel Dutch ovens and more versatile
- Achieves very high temperatures in less than one minute. Sublime offers the ability to: brown, deglaze, sear, fry, sauté, simmer, bake bread and slow cook
- Up to 50% lighter than similar size branded cast iron and enamel Dutch ovens on the market
- 100% made from natural materials – no chemicals or engineered metal compounds
- No high heat limitations – perfect for any type of stove top, oven or outdoor grill
- Dimpled lid creates a self-basting cooking environment, yielding flavorful, tender, moist results
- No seasoning or precooking prep needed
- Wide lid knob offers a stable grip and doubles as a spoon rest
- Sturdy, open, oversized handles, for easy confident transport
- Designed with generous curved bottom for easy stirring and simple cleanup
- Highly resistant to thermal and mechanical shock – 10 year guarantee
- Cream interiors enhance cooking visibility (except the charcoal which is solid color)
- Ultra-smooth satin glaze for easy cleaning, dishwasher and microwave safe.
We are proud to offer products made from very high quality ceramic, which pass very rigorous quality control by our team. We are therefore pleased to offer a 10 year guarantee on all Emile Henry products. Our warranty covers any production fault or quality problem with the product when used in a normal domestic environment, and respecting the care and use instructions. Any variation in the finish of the item is due to the handiwork carried out in our workshops and does not alter in any way the culinary qualities of our dishes. Warranty not valid for commercial and foodservice use.
Love my 6 qt Sublime Dutch Oven!
Using it right now to make Cincinnati Chili! Lighterweight for a larger pot. Cleans up easily. If a stubborn stain just a little baking soda paste takes care of it. Use 2-3 times a week. Don't think I can go back to enameled cast iron, even expensive ones (which I've owned for years) which chips and rusts on edges. May get other sizes and colors of Sublime in future. Worth every penny!
Perfect roast every time
I absolutely love my Dutch oven. Every meal comes out perfect. I wish I had started purchasing Emile Henry products years ago.
The BEST Dutch Oven StewPot EVER!!!
I love my new sublime pot. The color, performance, and quality is unmatched! The weight is extremely light; light as a feather compared to my cast iron and cleanup is a breeze! Did I mention it is nonstick as well?! Free from the so-call “healthier” non stick coatings. It cooks the tastiest stews, chili, and soups without wondering if my health would be in jeopardy! Now, my family and friends actually enjoys a meal without the worry. Looking forward to the purchase of the largest size for fall and winter dishes. Emile Henri you did it again! Keep doing it!!!
Love this dutch oven
I love it! I use dutch ovens of all sizes, but the biggest one has just been getting too heavy for me. The difference in the weight is significant, cooking is perfect and it is beautiful.
The Dutch oven got stained on first use and I am waiting for recommendations from Emile Henry on what to do about it.
Sublime: Ceramic Cooking, Intense Flavors
The perfect union of reactivity & heat distribution. Derived from state-of-the-art technology, ‘Sublime’ offers all the advantages of a high quality culinary ceramic, plus additional benefits once only available from other materials.
The result of extensive research, ‘Sublime’ ceramic makes it possible to create and serve all kinds of recipes—with unparalleled ease of use.
While the ‘Sublime’ Dutch Oven body remains hot, the handles stay cool, making it easy to carry and to bring directly to the table.
The ceramic heat retention allows the contents to remain hot for longer, for a better dining experience.
‘Sublime' is designed to be efficient, aesthetically pleasing and user friendly.