6 lbs / 2.5kg chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, breasts and wings)
1/2 cup / 120g all-purpose flour
1/4 cup / 60g freshly ground (coarsely) black pepper
3 tablespoons kosher salt
4 cups / 1 L vegetable oil
• In a sturdy brown paper or plastic bag, mix the flour, pepper and salt.
• Add the chicken to the mixture, a couple of pieces at a time. Close the bag and shake vigorously to coat. Shake off the excess flour and place the coated chicken in a large dish or on a baking sheet.
• In your ‘Sublime’ cookware, heat the oil over medium, until simmering. Try to maintain the oil at about 350°F/ 180°C for frying.
• Add the chicken pieces to the hot oil and fry over a moderate heat in 3 to 4 batches to not overcrowd.
• Turn the pieces often to ensure even cooking, until the skin turns golden and crispy; about 15 minutes for drumsticks, thighs and wings, and up to 20 minutes for breasts (a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of chicken should register 165°F/ 75°C). Lower the heat if the chicken gets too dark.
• Transfer the fried chicken to a baking sheet lined with kitchen paper towels and keep in a slightly warm oven while preparing the rest. Season to taste and serve.