Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 semi-cured sheep cheese, around 140 g/5 oz
1 apple, Boskoop or Gala
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
3 pinches ground cinnamon
2 sticks cinnamon
3 tablespoons honey
Juice of ½ lemon
3 sprigs thyme
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Wash the apple, remove the seeds, and cut into thin slices around ½ cm/ ¼ in thick.
3. Roast the pine nuts in a hot pan for 3-4 mins, stirring regularly.
4. Mix the lemon juice with the honey.
5. Place the cheese in the center of the Cheese Baker with the apple slices around it. Add the pine nuts, cranberries and cinnamon, and sprinkle the thyme over the cheese. Season lightly.
6. Pour over the lemon-honey mixture.
7. Close the lid of the Cheese Baker and bake for 20-25 mins.
8. Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.