Ingredients (serves 6)
- Eggland’s Best Eggs – 12 large
- Mayonnaise – ¾ cup
- Roquefort Cheese – 4 tablespoons, crumbled, at room temperature
- Parsley – ¼ cup, fresh, rough chopped, Italian flat-leaf variety
- Lemon Zest – ½ teaspoon
- Sea Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Black Pepper – ¾ teaspoon, freshly cracked
- Country Bread – 6 slices, sliced ½-inch think, toasted
- Olive Oil – for serving
- Microgreens – ½ cup
- Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a rolling boil. Carefully lower the eggs into the water, making sure the shells don’t crack. Lower the heat and simmer the water for 10 minutes. Drain the water, leaving the eggs in the pot, and refill the pot with cold tap water. Set aside until the eggs are cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs by tapping both ends of the egg on a board, then roll the egg between your hand and the board to crackle the shell—et voilà—perfectly shelled eggs! Set the shelled eggs aside to cool completely.
- Once the eggs are cooled, slice each egg about ½-inch thick and transfer the sliced eggs into a large bowl.
- Next, add the mayonnaise, Roquefort cheese, parsley, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Don’t worry about breaking up the egg slices, that is exactly what you want to happen.
- Spoon the egg salad mixture on each toasted bread slice, garnish with little drizzle of olive oil, and top each one with micro greens. If you don’t have micro greens, more fresh parsley will work just fine!